Friday, April 24, 2009

nightmares.

so this morning i woke up from the most horrible nightmare.

i don't get scared by much. especially in movies. but i am terrified of zombies. for real. i find them to be more realistic then most horror film ideas. it could happen. it will happen. some day a big military attack or development will result in us all dying. from zombies.

so there i was. in a field. children all around me. i am running. at full speed. (and i really don't do that) yelling at them to get inside. then i suddenly realize that they are chasing me. i get into this rather large 1970's style church. all brown and burnt orange in colour. i rush up the stairs and out the window to the roof. which was like a tower, with weird circular forms. i keep climbing. the tower starts to fall. it lands on the building next to it. it was as if i planned that to happen. i rush inside. down the stairs. i'm in the hallway. the glass patio door is ajar. i lock it. i grab some blankets and start to head to the shelter in the basement where my teenage son (named alex ??? i know. strange) is hiding. but as i grab a blanket, i realize it was keeping the door shut. (would a blanket really keep zombies out??) i try to close the door. i see them. they are coming towards me. i run to the door to the shelter. there is a window. i see alex. if he opens the door we might not be able to close it in time. they are closer. almost at my heels.


i wake up.

seriously.

i sat up straight in my bed. for about 10 minutes to calm down. i felt as if i was in that situation. my heart was racing. RACING. then i look around my room. i decide i live in the worst place for a zombie attack. seriously. i decided i needed to move.

no i'm not going to move. but really. i need to sort out a plan. just in case.

3 comments:

  1. are you reading your zombie survival guide as your bedtime story?! that's why you're having these dreams!!!! or nightmares.

    zombies don't freak me out, but i think your fear of zombies invading the world is my fear of velociraptors invading the world -- in which case, there is NO way to survive against them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus children zombies sounds absolutely terrifying. Children anything are scary. Very sinister dream but I like that you can remember the colours from your dream. I'm always trying to remember whether I was dreaming in black and white or in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no joke, last week I had two 'end of the world' dreams. One was the government (surprise, surprise) and one was red wasps.

    ReplyDelete