Saturday, August 1, 2009

today i had lunch with a friend from the past, i've known her since kindergarten. of my highschool group of friends, there were only three of us that moved away, and we were two of them. she's like a sister/cousin kind of person. her family is like mine and mine likewise.

as time goes by. i feel like life is just a revolving door. things and people coming and going, going and coming.

i do find it refreshing when i can find a piece of home in a person, as opposed to the traditional idea of a home. god knows how long i've had that even. it was funny, she's one of the few that has known me since forever, before my parents split, etc. and as we were talking, i knew that i could say anything, she was there for so much. it's nice to not have to make small chat. just be.

the past is a strange thing, the future is too, but i wonder if it's always a cycle of this?

an ex's mom had a heart attack, i was called. it was shocking, i was concerned. and scared. it's funny how one sentence can change so much. we've talked since. said we'd stay in contact. but it's weird. that's not my life anymore.

i think i'm getting nostalgic for memories of the past. lives i've had.


------------------------

complete sidenote:
i want to join team bill.
i've started to jump on the true blood bandwagon. i love the theme song. i love bill. i'm absurd i know. but i just had to announce that.

3 comments:

  1. Your post totally reminded me of Baz Lurhman's "Sunscreen" song aka the best song ever in life when he says :

    Understand that friends come and go,
    but for the precious few you should hold on.

    Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and
    lifestyle
    because the older you get,
    the more you need the people you knew when you were young.


    Des reminded me of this once and it's so true aka there are things I can talk to him about and only him since we've known each other since kindergarten.

    I'm glad you reconnected with your past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. team bill all the way, but he is getting older and older looking as the 2nd season progresses.

    I totally feel the same way about what you posted. Although I would like to believe that my close friends now will be my friends throughout my life, people always seem to change and drift. Maybe when you get older it becomes less important who has EXACTLY the same values and lifestyles as you do, like it did when you were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can really relate to this. There's only one friend that I kept since grade school and we can get comfy like that. Sadly she missed out on the whole uni and so on... but she gets me y'know

    ReplyDelete